Most people want to make their hair few shades lighter, including me (I have black hair). Some of us want to go naturally, either that we don’t want use so many chemicals or we don’t want to spend too much money. Well, I don’t like to talk too much and the sun can help us to achieve our goal faster, so we don’t want to lose more time ;). Below you can find the best ways to lighten your hair or make natural highlights. Do not forget to always make a patch test, because everyone reacts differently to different things.
You need an empty or a well-cleaned spray bottle (if you want to re-use an old one) or a jar. Remember that you need to apply the mixture every 15-20minutes for at least 3 hours daily or every other day. You will need few applications to see a difference as the results may.
**According to your hair length, you can double the ingredients.
1. Combine lemon juice (squeeze one small lemon), 3 teaspoons of coconut oil, 3 teaspoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil. Shake well.
2. Combine juice from one large lemon and 2 tablespoons organic honey. Shake well.
3. In your lovely jar, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of cardamom, 1 cup of white vinegar, ½ cup of organic honey, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (for red highlights) Shake well.
4. Go simple. In a pot, for every mug of water that will add, use 2-4 chamomile tea bags and let it boiled on a low heat for 15-30 minutes. Let it cool before you will apply it to your hair.
5. Take a medium size mug and put hot water and three chamomile tea bags and let it cool for 30minutes. Combine the tea, juice from one large lemon, 2 tablespoons organic honey in a jar and shake well.
6. (Red highlights) Combine 1tablespoon of ground cinnamon with your favorite conditioner or with 2 tablespoons of warm olive oil. Shampoo your hair 2-4 times, as the cinnamon will not come off easily from your hair.
7. Apply coffee oil on your hair and leave it for 2 hours to overnight. (Read how to make Coffee Infused Oil).
8. (Red highlights) In a pot, for every cup of water that will add, use 3 chamomile tea bags and let it boiled on a low heat for 15-30 minutes. Let it cool, and for every cup that you will use add 3 tablets of vitamin C.
9. (Red highlights) In a cup of hot water 1-2 tea bags of hibiscus tea. Let it cool and apply it to your hair.
10. Combine 1 tablespoon of organic honey, lemon juice from 1 large squeezed lemon and 3-4 tablespoons of coffee oil.
A) If you can stay out, to the sun (not between 12:00 -14:00 as it can harmful for your health), while you have the masks on your hair, it will help them to lighten faster.
B) Apply any mixture that you want and wrap your hair with a plastic wrap. Wash them after 5-7 hours.